Were you recently injured in a car accident? Are you having trouble working and missing out on much needed paychecks? Have you decided that your only course of action is a lawsuit? The last thing you want to be doing is dealing with an injury settlement, but sometimes it is the best action to take. The first step is hiring an accident attorney, but first you need to know what to look for when hiring the person that is going to represent you. Before you decide to hire a Car Accident Attorney Elizabeth NJ for your case, here are some questions you should ask them:
1. Are free consultations available?
2. Can you tell me about your experience with cases that are similar to mine?
3. What approach would you feel would be the right one to take with this case?
4. Are you going to be working on my case, or would it be another attorney in the office?
5. Will I pay only if we win the case?
6. How am I going to be billed?
7. Are you a member of any associations?
8. What hours are you available to answer my questions?
9. Is there an extra fee for calling in for extra questions?
10. When can I expect updates on my case?
11. Is there a chance of settling without going to court?
12. What time frame can you give me for my case?
13. Will I be billed for any extra expenses?
14. Roughly how many cases do you handle annually?
15. What law school did you go to?
Filing a lawsuit is not fun, but if you choose the right Accident Attorney Elizabeth NJ, then it can be easier. If you make sure to find out information about the attorney you hire before making the agreement, it can make your life a lot easier. Don’t just ask the lawyer the questions, but also your friends or anyone you know that had to hire an attorney. Listening to someone else’s experience is often helpful, and can help you avoid some common pit falls that are made. Once you have decided on an attorney to hire, set up an appointment and you are well on your way to getting your settlement over with.