If you feel as if your performance has floundered, then you will need to do a lot of sales soul searching to find out why. You may not be able to change the world, but you can change things that are hindering your performance. It all starts with you! The following are 5 steps to reinvigorate and recharge your sales mojo.
1. Consider Your Performance. Staying in denial will not get you anywhere. You first need to realize that your performance is weak. Ask yourself questions, and take a hard look at the answers. Have you done the best you can possibly do? Are you preoccupied with other things when you are trying to make a sale? Do you feel challenged with your work, to where it remains interesting? Only you have the answers to these questions. Once you know the answers, you can then begin working on things if you do not like the answers.
2. Get Back to Your Sales Roots. Sometimes sales professionals lose sight of the fact that their work is all about the customer. Helping customers to meet their goals is the way to drive sales. Get back to your roots by understanding your customer, knowing what they consider valuable and working towards your mission to provide the products and services that they need. If you are in a sales slump, then this is a vital part of getting out of it.
3. Don’t Make Excuses. If you continually make excuses as to why your performance has slipped, then you will never get anywhere. Don’t self-sabotage yourself by thinking you can’t change. Change your attitude to have a positive outlook on things, and you will see improvement. All good things take time, but you will never be successful if you make excuses.
4. Challenge Yourself. Are you stuck in the day to day grind of making sales calls? Have you ever had a big sale? Perhaps it’s time to challenge yourself, so that you stay interested in your work. Staying challenged will keep you engaged, and this will recharge your sales mojo quicker than anything. Do things differently and think big! The sky is the limit.
5. Keep Pushing Forward. If you have a bad day, so what! Everyone has a bad day from time to time, but you can’t let it keep you in a depressive sales slump. Keep pushing forward until you get the good performance that you want. Even if you don’t succeed the first time around, you have to keep trying if you expect success.
Everyone will react differently to different situations, so the steps used to recharge sales mojo will not be the same for everyone. However, these basic steps are great starting places for people who want to reinvigorate themselves.
The Sales Coaching Institute offers highly effective business sale training helping salespeople take charge of the selling process at every level.