There are quite a few options to consider when looking for wheelchair in Mystic CT. If you have never made this type of purchase before, you may be overwhelmed by all the options and features that are available. Some tips that will help you find the right wheelchair for your needs can be found here.
Types of Wheelchairs
There are two basic options in wheelchairs:
• Manual wheelchairs: These utilize human effort in order to move.
• Powered or electric wheelchairs: These are propelled through the use of an electric motor.
Specifications to Purchase a Wheelchair
Once you have determined the right type of wheelchair for you, you need to ensure you purchase the right size. There are a number of features that need to be considered to find this, including:
• Width of the Seat: The general range is 14 inches to 30 inches and custom designs are available.
• Space in between the arms: This will determine if a person can actually fit into the wheelchair.
• Depth of the seat: The user’s height is crucial when considering depth and this will be measured from the front to the back of the seat.
• Height between the floor and seat: If you choose a chair that is too short, then the user’s legs may drag on the floor and if it is too long, the person’s legs will dangle.
• Style of the arms: There are desk arm and full arm options as well as removable and fixed arms.
Another important factor to consider when looking at Wheelchairs in Mystic CT is how easy they are to transport. In order to determine this, you should consider the weight of the product if it can be easily folded and various methods for getting it from one place to another. Thinking about this will help you find the right option for your needs.
Buying a wheelchair does not have to be difficult; however, it is a decision that requires serious consideration. Finding the right type and size is essential to ensure the user’s comfort. Using the tips here will help you find the proper wheelchair for your needs.