Basically, a fantastic toothpaste should clean the teeth, remove debris and leave its user with a sense of freshness and cleanliness, in addition to meeting the requirements in terms of abrasion to the enamel and dentin. Other aspects such as having an affordable price or availability at the point of sale will also be factors to consider for choosing one toothpaste or another. However, most people know that choosing the right option is not always easy. Local dentist offices Wichita KS can help you make the right decision.
As you can see, there are plenty of diverse options:
• Indicated to prevent the occurrence of decay: They often contain xylitol and fluoride, which helps harden the outer surface of the tooth enamel.
• Whitening: This does not act alone, as it is often used in addition to a dental treatment by a dentist, but it does help to get rid of stains caused by coffee or tobacco.
• Combat dental hypersensitivity: These are generally made from fluorine, citrate or potassium nitrate and strontium chloride and its continued use is recommended, as it is common to feel sensitivity after changing product.
• Delay the effects of plaque: These usually contain antiseptic agents that are really effective against a variety of bacteria.
• Prevent tartar: Sodium pyrophosphate is usually present in the composition of this type of paste, and it is advisable for these cases because it adheres to the tooth surface and prevents the occurrence of fouling, but does not eliminate it if it already exists.
• Treat periodontal disease. Although anyone could buy this paste, there are products that must be prescribed by the dentist. People who have inflammation and bleeding gums will have bactericidal and anti-inflammatory properties prescribed.
If a person goes to the pharmacy or supermarket they will notice they have a lot of varieties specifically designed for different cases: for people with sensitivity to those who want to whiten their teeth, for cavity prevention and for the smaller children… The offers available are multiplying as you read this article. Not all have the same actions and that, just like the colors available, there are toothpastes for everyone. Going to your local dentist offices Wichita KS and consulting with a dentist is the best way to find the most appropriate toothpaste.