The water heater of a home is often an appliance that is tucked away in a basement, garage, or closet and thought little of until problems begin to develop. When a hot water heater begins to fail, the occupants of a home quickly realize just how much they rely on this simple appliance. Since water heaters typically only last around fifteen years, it is important homeowners are prudent in watching for signs they need a Water Heater Replacement in Salisbury MD.
• When a hot water heater is no longer producing hot water or is producing an inadequate supply, it is time for a homeowner to consider replacing their unit. It is especially important a water heater is replaced if it is exhibiting these signs and is reaching the end of its maximum lifespan.
• Hot water heaters feature a ceramic lining that helps to protect the tank from eroding. Hard water can slowly erode this lining and lead to rusty-colored water. If one is seeing brownish or reddish hot water coming from the faucet, it is time to consider a Water Heater Replacement in Salisbury MD.
• Heaters that begin making clanging or banging sounds during operation are becoming damaged due to hard water minerals. When the heating components are meeting with metal erosion, the tank needs to be replaced.
• Homeowners who have had to go through multiple repairs of their hot water tank should consider replacing it with a new energy efficient model so they will save money.
• Leaking water heaters need to be replaced as soon as possible, especially if a heater is an electric one. Water and electricity can prove deadly.
One should never attempt to replace their hot water heater themselves. Though this job may not seem like a big challenge, improper installation can lead to health risks and damage to the home. If a home needs a new hot water heater, it is prudent one hires a professional plumber for the job.
For more information on water heater repair and replacement, visit 5StarPHC.com. They are the plumbers homeowners rely on for prompt, professional service available 24/7. Call them right away to schedule your appointment.